Customer’s Own Material
We are happy to use a material of a customer’s own choosing on dining chairs and upholstery providing the fabric is suitable for the purpose and meets specific British Standards.
In order to establish the suitability of the proposed fabric the following process should be followed:
What we will need from you:
- A minimum of 150mm x 150mm of the proposed fabric. This should be sent to our Customer Services team
- Confirmation of the fabric pattern repeat .i.e. over what length of the material is the pattern repeated. This will allow us to calculate the actual amount of fabric required to complete the work
- All fabric must be supplied with a valid Fire Test Certificate* and should comply with the Martindale rub test for General Domestic (18,000 rubs) fabrics
- A copy of the furniture order from the retailer
- Wood Bros (Furniture) Limited will produce the finished products, using the customer’s own material, within 6 weeks from receipt of the fabric
- Any excess / unused fabric will be returned with the finished goods
- We do not offer a guarantee on the fabric used if we use a customer’s own material
- We charge at our standard Recommended Retail Price (RRP) for using a Customer’s Own Material on dining chairs
- We charge at our standard Recommended Retail Price (RRP) at Grade A, for using the Customer’s Own Material on upholstery
- Customers will need to provide the fabric and get it delivered to our factory premises in Ware, Hertfordshire. at their own cost
*The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988, amended 1989 and 1993 (FFFSR) .